De Bachelor and Master study programmes, the Preliminary and Associate degree courses and the Research department of the Academy of Theatre and Dance are congregated as follows:
Mime School, Drama and Contemporary Music Theatre, Production and Stage Management, Theatre Directing, Scenography, Design & Technology, Technological Production (AD), Theatre in Education
- Dutch National Ballet Academy, 5 o'clock class, SNDO / Choreography (School for New Dance Development), Dance in Education, Urban Contemporary (JMD), Modern Theatre Dance. The last two mentioned educations will merge in 2019 into the new study programme Expanded Contemporary Dance
- DAS Graduate School
DAS Choreography, DAS Theatre, DAS Creative Producing, DAS Research
Students at work
Academy of Theatre and Dance
Marjo van Schaik is appointed as interim director of the Academy of Theatre and Dance. Marjo van Schaik will take on this role for the period between 1 February 2020 and the start of a new director.
At the academy we engage in a passionate dialogue about our identity and direction. The professional field and the world at large are included in this discourse as much as possible. Inspired by the motto ‘performing arts in transition’, we ask ourselves what the role of an art school should be in the 21st century. With its fourteen bachelor and three master study programmes in theatre and dance, the Academy of Theatre and Dance is unique in the Netherlands and the world. The top-quality study programmes attract the best students and can boast teachers who are fully active in the practical field. Made to measure guidance helps train a generation of students to become individual artists.
The Academy of Theatre and Dance is situated in the centre of Amsterdam. The school is like a large theatre company with well-equipped theatre auditoriums, studios and work spaces. Students can rely on excellent technical support and have access to an interdisciplinary digital lab to undertake experiments.
Read our policy departure points 2019-2024
- Interim-director Academy of Theatre and Dance: Marjo van Schaik
- Professor DAS Research: NN, 020- 527 7804
- Faculty secretary and coordinator quality assurance: Fien Bloemen, 020-527 7686
- Policy coordinator Dance: Liesbeth Koot, 020-527 7691
- Controller, head management: Paul Jeroen Willems, 020-527 7660
- Facility manager: Niki Lemmens, 020- 527 7814
- Head supporting departments: Mary van der Meer, 020-527 7819
- Head student affairs and information and communication technology in education : Erik Lint, 020- 527 7809
- Head producing departments and project leader: Bart Kusters, 020-527 7816
- Human Resources: Diana Martens 020-527 7743
Supporting staff at the Academy of Theatre and Dance:
The educational staff is mentioned at specific pages on this site:
The exam committee (EC) fulfills a supervisory role within the Academy of Theatre and Dance. The EC is independent and monitors the quality of exams and evaluations in relation to the formulated competencies and final qualifications of the study programme. In doing so, the EC plays an important role in the granting of diplomas. Indeed, students, teachers and the work field should have confidence that diplomas are awarded with due diligence.
The EC does not set exams itself, it appoints examiners, draws up guidelines for taking tests and evaluations (including certification), counters fraud, verifies the quality of tests and evaluations and decides on complaints, dispensations and personal learning tracks. Decisions of the EC are based on the Onderwijs- en examenregeling (OER) (Education and exam regulation) and the Studiegids (Study Guide) which contains the competencies and final qualifications of the study programme. In addition, the EC gives solicited and unsolicited advice on subjects relating to the quality of tests and evaluations.
Members of the exam committee are: Fien Bloemen (chairwoman), Liesbeth Koot (secretary), Juul Beeren, John Taylor, Melvin Fraenk, Erik Viskil (external member) You can contact the EC by sending a mail to secretary Liesbeth Koot: firstname.lastname@example.org
The members of the Advisory Committee of the Academy of Theatre and Dance are:
- Sruti Bala - Assistant Professor in Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Amsterdam (UVA)
- Simon van den Berg - editor Theatermaker
- Janine Dijkmeijer - advisor, consultant and interim manager for the arts
- Anita van Dolen - programmer Internationaal Theater Amsterdam
- Farnoosh Farnia - programmer Oerol festival, storyteller, co-founder and teacher Mezrab Storytelling School
- Rachel Feuchtwang - managing director & producer Schweigman&
- Ivo van Hove - director Internationaal Theater Amsterdam
- Sijtze van der Meer - actor
- Theun Mosk - set & lighting designer
- Peggy Olislaegers - artistic associate bij Rambert Dance Company
- Marie-Anne Rudolphi - director Via Rudolph
- Mark Timmer - artistic director Theater Frascati