De Bachelor and Master study programmes, the Preliminary and Associate degree courses and the Research department of the Academy of Theatre and Dance are congregated as follows:
Mime School, Drama and Contemporary Music Theatre, Production and Stage Management, Theatre Directing, Scenography, Design & Technology, Technological Production (AD), Theatre in Education
- National Ballet Academy, 5 o'clock class, SNDO / Choreography (School for New Dance Development), Dance in Education, Urban Contemporary (JMD), Modern Theatre Dance. The last two mentioned eduvcations will merge into the new study programme Contemporary Dance and Performance (working title)
- DAS Graduate School
DAS Choreography, DAS Theatre, DAS Research
Academy of Theatre and Dance
Director Academy of Theatre and Dance
Jan Zoet (1958) was the director of the theatre of Rotterdam. He also was the founder of the interdisciplinary Productiehuis Rotterdam and the theatre festival the International Choice by the theatre of Rotterdam, which won the Prize of Theatre Criticism in 2005.
In the eighties and nineties Zoet worked as a producer, playwright and professional and artistic leader for various companies and festivals, including Theatregroup Hollandia and Mickery. He was active in numerous boards, and committees in the cultural sector, including the VPRO, Toneelgroep Amsterdam, the Prins Bernhard Cultural Fund and the Fund of Performing Arts.
During and after his studies in Dutch language and literature and Theatre Studies at the University of Leiden (1984), Zoet worked as a theatre critic.
- Director Academy of Theatre and Dance: Jan Zoet
- Professor DAS Research: Marijke Hoogenboom, 020- 527 7804
- Faculty secretary and coordinator quality assurance: Fien Bloemen, 020-527 7686
- Policy coordinator Dance: Liesbeth Koot, 020-527 7691
- Facility manager: Niki Lemmens, 020- 527 7814
- Head supporting departments: Daniëlle van Sundert , 020-527 7819
- Head student affairs and information and communication technology in education : Erik Lint, 020- 527 7809
- Head producing departments and project leader: Bart Kusters, 020-527 7816
- Financial Controller: Paul Jeroen Willems, 020-527 7660
- Human Resources: Trudy Ammerlaan 020-527 7743
Supporting staff at the Academy of Theatre and Dance:
The educational staff is mentioned at specific pages on this site:
The exam committee (EC) fulfills a supervisory role within the Academy of Theatre and Dance. The EC is independent and monitors the quality of exams and evaluations in relation to the formulated competencies and final qualifications of the study programme. In doing so, the EC plays an important role in the granting of diplomas. Indeed, students, teachers and the work field should have confidence that diplomas are awarded with due diligence.
The EC does not set exams itself, it appoints examiners, draws up guidelines for taking tests and evaluations (including certification), counters fraud, verifies the quality of tests and evaluations and decides on complaints, dispensations and personal learning tracks. Decisions of the EC are based on the Onderwijs- en examenregeling (OER) (Education and exam regulation) and the Studiegids (Study Guide) which contains the competencies and final qualifications of the study programme. In addition, the EC gives solicited and unsolicited advice on subjects relating to the quality of tests and evaluations.
Members of the exam committee are: Fien Bloemen (chairwoman), Liesbeth Koot (secretary), Anke Nust, John Taylor, Steven Schenk, Erik Viskil (external member) You can contact the EC by sending a mail to secretary Liesbeth Koot: email@example.com
The members of the Advisory Committee of the Academy of Theatre and Dance are:
- Simon van den Berg - theatre critic Het Parool
- Janine Dijkmeijer - general director Nederlands Dans Theater
- Rachel Feuchtwang - creative producer & advisor, president committee internasionalisation NFPK
- Ivo van Hove - director Toneelgroep Amsterdam
- Jan Jaap Knol - director Fonds voor Cultuurparticipatie
- Paul de Leeuw - comedian, programme director, actor and singer
- Annet Lekkerkerker - business director Holland Festival
- Sijtze van der Meer - management ACT Acteursbelangen
- Peggy Olislaegers - artistic associate bij Rambert Dance Company
- Bianca van der Schoot - artistic director Ro Theater
- Mark Timmer - artistic director Theater Frascati
- Marc Warning - scenographer