DAS Research is the lectorate of the Academy of Theatre and Dance. The research department is based at DAS Graduate School but is open to and represents the whole ATD. It includes research groups in Embodied Knowledge and Creative Producing, as well as the THIRD programme, which supports the development of artistic research in the 3rd cycle. The Head of DAS Research is the Lector, Laura Cull Ó Maoilearca who joined the ATD in September 2020.
With this call we would like to invite proposals for small research development projects to be funded by DAS Research.
This call is open to all current staff, students and tutors/coaches at the ATD, with any level of experience of research: from those who are just beginning to explore themselves as researchers to established researchers.
We welcome proposals for any activity or small project that allows people to conduct research.
This might include:
- Presenting at a conference or other research presentation: time to write proposal, prepare presentation etc.
- Time to prepare a publication: write an article or prepare artistic research for publication (audio-video etc.)
- Invite a guest researcher to the ATD for a seminar, workshop etc.
- Host a “mini-event” on a research question or topic
- Collaboration on research with a colleague
- Seed-funding for a ‘try out’ of an idea for a research project
- Writing a research proposal, eg. application for external research funding, research residency, project proposal, publication proposal etc.
- Host a dialogue or exchange around a text, question, urgency, object, location etc.
How to apply?
Write a short proposal of max. 500 words describing your idea and how it will allow you to develop your research. Please also provide a timeline and total budget with breakdown.
The total money available for this call is €3500 from the budget of DAS Research, the lectorate of the ATD. We hope to support a number of small projects from within this amount.
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of Laura Cull Ó Maoilearca, researcher Marijn de Langen and members of the ATD Policy and Education working group. Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of 1) The quality of the proposal and 2) Feasibility of the project within the time and budget. 3) We aim to allocate funds where they will do the most to support researchers to develop themselves and/or to projects that do not have access to resources elsewhere.
Please submit proposals to Marilixe Beernink in DAS Research: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th September 2021. Decisions will be provided by 15th October. Funds awarded must be spent by December 2021.
Don’t worry if the timing of this call does not suit your schedule. There will be another open call for research development funding in 2022.
For more information or questions: email@example.com