On September 12, the Amsterdam Fringe Festival was festively concluded with the announcement of the winners of the jury prizes. Alumni of the Mime School Tom De Ronde (graduated in 2021), Nick Deroo (graduated in 2020) and Ritzah Statia (graduated in 2016) received prizes. Also alumni of Theatre in Education were involved: Kaja van Bruggen did the final direction and Sem ten Haaf did sound design for Kibra Silensio of Ritzah Statia. They both graduated in 2021.
A twenty-member jury, professionals from the Netherlands and abroad, saw all performances at the Amsterdam Fringe Festival. They selected the three best productions from Dutch soil from the range of performances. All winners may use the title of 'Best of Fringe 2021'.
The three winners of the Amsterdam Fringe Awards are (in alphabetical order):
- After The Echo by DeRonde/Deroo
- Kibra Silensio of Ritzah Statia
- Yogi Anni by Annica Muller
These performances will tour with the Best of Fringe Tour in the spring of 2022 at five theaters in the country. Tickets will soon be available at the relevant theaters:
- March 9, 2022 – Theater Walhalla – Rotterdam
- 13 + 14 March 2022 – Theater Bellevue – Amsterdam
- March 24, 2022 – Theater aan de Rijn – Arnhem
- April 4, 2022 – The National Theatre/Hall 3 – The Hague
- 13 + 14 April 2022 – Theater Kikker – Utrecht