Admission and application
Please note: the language of instruction for this study programme is Dutch!
To be admitted to the Design and Technology study programme you must have at least a haco-, vwo- or mbo4 diploma. There are no requirements with regard to what subjects you have followed although a basic knowledge of science proves very useful. Also cultural subjects like history, art history/appreciation, CKV (art & design) and drawing can help you. A good basic command of English is required because the study programme often works with (international) guest teachers and you will collaborate with students of different nationalities at school.
Annually 12 students will be admitted to the study programme. Because the number of applications is generally higher, the school employs a selection procedure. Students of the Design & Technology study programme collaborate with other specialists on an artistic process. This requires that you are energetic, critical and opinionated and have an interest in art and culture. As study programme we want to be a reflection of society at large. That’s why we do our best to make the study programme as inclusive as possible. This is an ongoing process and we are open to input from both students and teachers. Naturally, the selection is open to everyone. Selection is not based on technical know-how; you will be taught essential skills during your study. During the selection we will assess an aspirant student’s potential for the work field. We will also take into consideration class composition.
How do you sign up?
- Register via Studielink. This is possible from 1 December 2022.
- Keep in mind that you need a DigiD for your registration. It takes a few days to apply for it.
- In Studielink you choose the Theater - Design & Technology course. You will receive the link to your personal registration form, with which you register for the selection procedure. We cannot process your application without this complete registration.
- This application form asks for a recent passport photo, personal details, previous education, any work experience and a motivation letter.
- After completing the form, you will receive a confirmation email.
Based on this application form and motivation, it will be decided whether you will be invited for the next round of the selection procedure.