DAS Theatre invites practitioners with diverse backgrounds and interests rooted in contemporary performing arts and bordering disciplines. Applicants are makers and curators in the field of the performing arts with:
- BA education in the performing arts or related areas and an existing body of work;
- the need and ambition to develop their work, also experimenting with new forms and formats, and reflecting on it;
- an openness and an eager attitude towards being within an international peer environment with exposure to diverse practices in the making and curating of performing arts, where the sharing of practices can provoke new approaches to aesthetics, ethics and politics;
- the capacity to organize their time independently and to initiate and develop artistic processes as well as establishing new collaborations;
- a desire to engage with the structure and conditions offered by an educational context and to share their artistic questions and discourses with DAS Graduate School community, engaging in conversations with international artists, curators, dramaturges, theorists, artistic directors and policy-makers.
Please keep an eye on our website and newsletter to be informed when applications will be open.
We understand that studying at DAS Theatre requires a huge commitment. We'd like to help you preparing your application.
Before the application deadline of 9 November 2023 we will host two online information meetings where you can ask questions about the programme, the selection procedure and the application form:
- meeting 1: Thursday 19 October 2-4pm (Amsterdam time)
- meeting 2: Thursday 2 November 8-10pm (Amsterdam time)
Please register yourself for one of these sessions by sending an email to email@example.com. Afterwards you will receive a link to be able to join the online meeting.
The application form for DAS Theatre 2024-2026 is now online.
The deadline for applications is 9 November 2023.
The 1st round of selections will take place without the presence of the candidates on 6 and 7 December 2023.
Candidates who pass the 1st round of selections, will be invited to a 2nd round. The second round will take place on 30 and 31 January, and 1 and 2 February. Candidates may choose to participate on location or online.
Please note: Candidates in the 2nd round of selections who are not admitted will be notified with an outline of the DAS Theatre decision. Expenses incurred during the selection process will not be reimbursed.
Information concerning tuition fees, admission procedures and visa requirements can be found on the section for prospective students on the website of the Amsterdam University of the Arts.
Please, consider seriously the financial impact of studying at DAS Theatre. We warmly suggest you to research fundings and/or other financing possibilities before applying (where will you apply for a grant, what are your chances, what if you will not get this grant, etc.).
Information about possible scholarships will follow.
- It's wise to take some time in advance. Read the application form and take your time formulating the answers beforehand the final deadline. We only read the applications after the deadline has passed.
- Be precise and to the point.
- Respect the word count.
- The application is an invitation to reflect on yourself, your current work and what it needs. Ask yourself questions like: 'why go to DAS Theatre?', 'what change or development does my work/practice need?', 'what aspects of the DAS Theatre programme are appealing to me and why?' etc.
- Concerning your portfolio, keep two things in mind: the relevance to your application (what do the fragments illustrate for you? what do you want us to look at and why?) and the "readability" for the selection committee afterwards. The committee has a certain amount of time to watch the portfolio of each applicant. So stay within the limits that are mentioned in the form and make strong decisions. You can add extra context to your documentation in the application form.
- Please, consider seriously the financial/practical impact of studying at DAS Theatre. Research funding and financing possibilities before applying, and be precise about this aspect in the application form. (where will you apply for a grant, what are your chances, what if you will not get this grant?)
If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to answer them:
Phone: +31 (0)20 5277668
You are warmly invited to join us at one of our public events during the course of the year to experience what studying at DAS Graduate School could mean for you. At these events there is an opportunity to speak with our current students, alumni and staff, and to ask questions about the curriculum and application procedure.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram, stay informed about the current events at DAS Theatre and DAS Graduate School via our newsletter or go directly to our 'what's on' section.