How do I arrange my payment?
In order to pay your tuition fees, you or someone else must grant a direct debit authorisation in Studielink. You can choose to pay the full amount by direct debit in one go (option 1) or in 9 instalments (option 2). If you are studying at another Dutch institution and you are paying tuition fees there, you can pay at the AHK with a ‘Proof of Tuition Fee Payment’ [Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld, BBC] (option 3). You can also transfer the full amount to the AHK bank account (option 4).
Please note: to set up a direct debit payment in Studielink, you must have a bank account from a SEPA* country. If you do not have a SEPA bank account, please transfer the full amount to the AHK bank account as described under payment option 4.
The authorisation or payment must be received by the AHK before 1 September.
Go to <My To Do List> in Studielink and click on <Enter your payment details>.
- Select the country in which your bank is located.
- Under ‘payment method’ select: <Digital authorisation>.
- Select who will pay the tuition fees: yourself/someone else (Please note: you may only select the option ‘Someone else is paying the tuition fees’ if the person who is going to pay for you has a DigiD** and a SEPA bank account.)
- Under ‘Payment in instalments’ select: <No>.
- If you are paying yourself: fill in the account details for the direct debit. If someone else is paying for you, that person must fill in their account details later.
- Click on <Confirm>. Please note: by doing this, you are only confirming that the details you filled in are correct. The authorisation still needs to be confirmed. You may have to wait a minute or two for this. Please be patient.
- You will receive an email from Studielink as soon as you are able to confirm your authorisation. There will be a link entitled ‘Confirm your digital authorisation’ in your ‘My To Do List’. If someone else is paying your tuition fees, you must forward the email to that person. That person needs to confirm the authorisation. It is your responsibility to ensure that this is done on time.
You have only actually granted authorisation once you have received an email confirming your authorisation. The full amount will be debited on or around 26 September.
You can only confirm your authorisation after your personal details have been verified. This usually happens during your registration in Studielink and you can proceed immediately. If that is not the case, please send a copy of your passport to email@example.com.
By confirming the digital authorisation, you agree with the terms and conditions for direct debit collection. In this way, you grant permission to the AHK to collect the tuition fees from the bank account specified.
Follow the full instructions under option 1, but please make sure that you select <Yes> under ‘Payment in instalments’. A ninth of the tuition fees will be debited on or around the dates below:
26 September 2022
25 October 2022
25 November 2022
27 December 2022
25 January 2023
27 February 2023
27 March 2023
25 April 2023
25 May 2023
An extra amount of €24 will be charged for payment in instalments.
By confirming the digital authorisation, you agree with the terms and conditions for direct debit collection. In this way, you grant permission to the AHK to collect the tuition fees from the bank account specified. Please note: the AHK may only collect tuition fees from SEPA bank accounts*.
This option is only available if, in addition to your study programme at AHK, you’re also enrolled at another Dutch educational institution and you pay statutory (EU) tuition fees at that institution.
In most cases you can request a Proof of Paid tuition fees ('BBC') digitally via Studielink and follow these steps:
- You can only select the BBC payment option in Studielink once your (re)enrolment and payment (for example by issuing an authorization for direct debit) has been arranged at the other educational institution. Do this as soon as possible and definitely before 1 September.
- Go to <My To Do list> in Studielink and click on <Fill in payment details> for your study programme at the AHK.
- Select <Proof of Paid Tuition Fees> for the payment method and submit the application. The request for a BBC will be sent to the other educational institution and the AHK will be notified that you wish to pay via BBC.
- You can follow the progress of your BBC application in Studielink under the <Payment> tab.
There are some educational institutions that do not offer the digital BBC payment method via Studielink yet. In those cases you will get a notification in Studielink and you will have to contact the student administration office at the other educational institution and request a BBC. The institution will send a BBC document to the AHK directly. Do this as soon as possible, because the request may take some time at some institutions and the AHK must have received your BBC before 1 September. If we do not receive the document on time, you will not be enrolled on 1 September and you may not start/continue your studies.
Please note: if your tuition fees at the other institution are lower than your tuition fees at the AHK, you will have to pay the difference before 1 September.
Transfer the full tuition fee amount to the bank account of the AHK before 1 September. After you have transferred the money, please download this payment form. Fill it in, sign it and then email it to the Central Student Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name beneficiary: Amsterdamse Hogeschool v.d. Kunsten
Name incoming bank: Rabobank
State your name and student number (if known)
If you have any problems with your payment, it is possible to pay the tuition fees in one go at our desk in the Academy of Theatre and Dance, Jodenbreestraat 3, in Amsterdam. You can pay with PIN or credit card. Cash will not be accepted.
There are costs involved for payment by credit card: Visa and Mastercards incur an extra charge of 1.6% and American Express cards incur an extra charge of 1.9%. It is not possible to grant authorisation for payment in instalments at the desk – this is only possible via Studielink.
Please take into account that the payment for this must also take place before the start of the new academic year on 1 September. Please ensure therefore that you report to the Central Student Administration in time.
The AHK may only collect tuition fees from SEPA bank accounts. SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) includes all countries within the EU, as well as Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein (which are members of the European Economic Area), and Switzerland, Monaco and San Marino.
Important: Not all banks in SEPA countries accept direct debits from the Netherlands. You can find out whether your bank accepts direct debits on this website. Scroll down on the website and select the PDF document in the column 'Core SEPA Direct Debit'. Look for your country, and then check to see if your bank is listed. If your bank is included on the list, you can use your account number for the authorisation. If your bank is not on this list, or if you do not have a SEPA bank account, please transfer the full amount to the AHK bank account before 1 September.
Your DigiD is your digital proof of identity. Apart from Studielink, you need a DigiD, for example, to apply for student grants and loans from the Education Executive Agency (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs, DUO). Only people who live in the Netherlands can apply for a DigiD with their Citizen Service Number (Burgerservicenummer, BSN) via digid.nl. This takes at least five working days.