Do you want to work in a creative and inspiring environment with students from all over the world, who want to further develop their artistic practice?
The Academy of Theatre and Dance (ATD) of the Amsterdam School of the Arts (AHK) is looking for a:
Facility worker for weekend and evening shifts
What do you bring?
You will be working with students, staff and guests who often come from outside the Netherlands. At the same time many co-workers, guests and third parties you’ll be working with, such as mechanics, speak Dutch. It is therefore important that you speak good English as well as Dutch. Our students work with us on new work in dance and theatre. It is therefore important that you have good empathy for students' artistic aspirations and are also at home in the performing arts. Furthermore, you have:
- educational level equivalent of Dutch ‘mbo’.
- relevant practical and technical work experience.
- a BHV (Emergency Response) certificate or are willing to get one.
What will you do?
The building houses both the Breitner Academy and DAS Graduate School. As a facilities assistant, you will work for DAS Graduate School. Sometimes there is coordination with the Breitner Academy about, for example, shared technical installations and rooms, company emergency services and suppliers. You provide maintenance, safety, and facility and technical support to students. You will also sometimes take care of minor administrative tasks such as working with the planning of studios and classrooms, registering loaned equipment, and issuing keycards. Furthermore you:
- take care of furnishing studios and other rooms with materials, furniture and (AV) equipment.
- receive, inform, and guide visitors and ensure a hospitable reception at performances and events.
- check, maintain, and carry out minor repairs in the building and to installations, (AV) equipment and inventory.
- supervise the security of the rooms and the observance of agreements and house rules, and act adequately when unwelcome visitors enter the building.
Who are we?
At the Grootlab in Amsterdam-Noord you will find the DAS Graduate School (part of the ATD) with the master's programmes Creative Producing, DAS Theatre, DAS Choreography, and the lectorate DAS Research. Here, we invest in the further development of arts education and research. For instance, we create space for artistic research by teachers in collaboration with the professional field and, in the future, facilitate doctorates in the arts. DAS Graduate School transforms the heart of the building into an inviting, welcoming venue for meetings and encounters between art, education, and science.
What do we offer?
You will work in a progressive organisation at the intersection of art and research. In doing so, we also offer great terms of employment, such as:
- · a salary between €2003.25 and €2706.30 for a full-time appointment of 40 hours per week (Staff member for facilities and resources B, salary scale 4 of the CAO-HBO).
- · 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- · an appointment for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
The building is open seven days a week, including evenings. In principle, the following work schedule applies to this position:
- every Saturday and Sunday 10.00-20.00.
- every Monday 14.00-22.00.
- in holiday periods, during events and when replacing colleagues on sick leave, working hours may change by mutual agreement.
The ATD supports the Diversity and Inclusion Code. At the ATD, equal opportunities are central and, in addition to a diverse student and faculty population, we strive for great diversity and inclusion among employees. As a university of arts, we want to be at the centre of society, which is why we attach great importance to making the most of the different perspectives and backgrounds of our staff.
We look forward to receiving your application! Send it by Sunday 4 December at the latest. Please respond by uploading your cover letter and CV via this link. Only applications sent via this form will be considered.
Interviews will take place from 7 December 2022. Should you become our new colleague, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) upon commencement of employment. More information about the DAS Graduate School and the AHK can be found at www.ahk.nl.
Want to know more?
For more information about the position, please contact Niki Lemmens, Head of Facilities ATD, at email@example.com.
- Apply before
salary between €2003.25 and €2706.30 for a full-time appointment of 40 hours per week
- Published on
appointment for 1 year with the possibility of extensio