It's a wrap! ATD's Intro Week 2023 is over again. On Friday 1 September, the week ended with a great party in the Theatre Hall. From performances, boat tours and a photo assignment to, getting to know each other and sustainability displays, that can still be seen in the hall.
These were the basics and aims:
- clear, not too long, connect and mix (different programmes)
- participation in Platforms 2025 and sustainability
- cultural cooperation with ITA and De Parade
- sustainable and vegan catering
- offering target group (young) adults an elective programme with independent, personal space
- offering interactive, creative and socially safe forms of work, and stimulating crossover with second-year students were well represented in the programme.
A sample of the four-day event:
Tuesday 29 August - Meet and Greet
- Opening ritual with all 162 freshmen and many of our ATD colleagues.
- Speech by deputy director Athony Heidweiller, inviting us to pay more attention to our breath,
- playful introduction round students and AL's.
- In the afternoon Platform 2025 initiated collage pasting, with 'sustainable' expression: what do you want to share, what do you want to ask the other? Exhibition in the hall.
Wednesday 30 August - Mapping the city
- With three canal boats we went to the Stadsschouwburg, where Carmen's sustainable (!) lunch was served.
- Performances of Femie - ATKA, Jason - UC, Rafael - SNDO in the Great Hall, sitting all together in a circle on stage.
- Then into the city for a photo assignment, theme 'trash', Dropboxing it all, and back at the ATD watching together with sophomores.... LOL.
Thursday, August 31 - Circular energy
- First-year workshops from own and a chosen other course. Attention and commitment.
- Presentation and choosing out of 250 (!) mugs collected by Sjoerd and Judith. Tea ceremony with herbs from the roof terrace, moment of contemplating sustainability.
- On to the Parade. Choice for sophomores to attend IPT (Inclusive Pathway Training) from PLF 2025, followed by performances and dinner for everyone. 205 tickets booked!
Friday 1 September - Sharing is caring
- Working independently in studios per training, to share some of the week's experiences. Later, sitting together in the Danstheater as a group (sometimes two groups), stepping onto the floor and sharing experiences translated into content & design, under relentless cheering, applause and support. Marcel and Kiki, designing sound and light in the moment, conjured with that, which the students evoked.
- At night there was and rooftop dinner, a live band, DJ Solange and cyphers; a circle in which dancers and spectators intuitively and without competition element encourage each other to jump in. These cyphers emerged throughout the evening and provided a connected, metaphorical conclusion to the week.