Application and admission
The School for New Dance Development is looking for students who are motivated to become a dance maker/choreographer. Students who want to widen the range of their movement vocabulary, challenge their existing viewpoints, expand their creative processes, and develop performance work. Students of SNDO are encouraged to make considered choices in creating a position for themselves in the profession and to be aware of the aesthetic, social and ethical implications of their work.
The SNDO audition process includes several phases and components. We start with a pre-selection from the all submitted applications. For the main selection round we invite 80-100 candidates to submit a three (3) minute solo and three (3) minute self-interview videos. Further information on the videos and criteria is shared with the invited candidates.
The two-day final selection round, with around thirty (30) shortlisted candidates, takes place live in Amsterdam. It includes classes in contemporary technique, movement research, a group assignment and a short interview with the audition board.
SNDO admits a maximum of ten (10) students.
When applying for the audition, please make sure you are available on all of the following dates.
- Deadline application: 16 January 2023
- If pre-selected, the deadline for submitting the solo and self-interview videos: 13 February 2023
- Shortlisted candidates attend the audition live in Amsterdam on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th of March, 2023.
The audition board is formed by an internationally known choreographer or performance maker, a presenter or programmer of a theater/venue/festival, an SNDO graduate, three teachers and the artistic director of the SNDO.
Registration for the selection procedure for the academic year 2022-2023
You can register for the selection procedure until 16 January 2023.
Hereby, the detailed instruction for registration leading to the application form (PDF).
1. Go to www.studielink.nl
(Studielink is a national online enrolment application used by all Dutch institutions for higher education.)
2. Create an account (For NL residents: log in with your DigiD).
3. You can now submit an enrolment application.
4. Enter 'Dance - Bachelor of Choreography' in the general search field:
5. Make sure to select: Start as: ‘First-year’.
6. You will be asked some additional questions before you can confirm and submit your application request.
7. After hitting submit you will receive an email message on the e-mail address you registered in Studielink with a personalized link to an audition form.
8. In this audition form you find questions about your previous education, ex-perience, and motivation.
Without this complete registration we cannot process your application.
To ensure your place in the auditions we strongly recommend an early application.