Application and admission
The School for New Dance Development is looking for students who are very motivated to become a dance maker/choreographer. Students who want to widen the range of their movement vocabulary, challenge their existing view points, expand their creative processes, and develop performance work. They are also encouraged to make considered choices in creating a position for themselves in the profession and to be aware of the aesthetic and social implications of their work.
The School will make a pre-selection of candidates that are invited to the audition days.
The application procedure for the academic year 2022-2023 is open.
Please be informed that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SNDO has decided to have the actual audition take place online.
• Upcoming audition: 24 to 31 March 2022
Results will be announced on 1 April 2022
• Application deadline: Friday, 4 February 2022
The SNDO audition includes several components, such as classes in contemporary technique, movement research, presentation of short video performances (solo), a group assignment, an interview with one member of the audition board.
A more detailed information about the procedure will be following.
The audition board is formed by an internationally known choreographer, a presenter or programmer of a theater/venue/festival, a SNDO graduate, two teachers and the artistic director of the SNDO.
About the audition form
Registration for the selection procedure for the academic year 2022-2023
You can register for the selection procedure till 4 February 2022:
1. Go to www.studielink.nl
(Studielink is a national online enrolment application used by all Dutch institutions for higher education.)
2. Create an account (For NL residents: log in with your DigiD).
3. You can now submit an enrolment application.
4. Enter 'Dance - Bachelor of Choreography' in the general search field:
5. Make sure to select: Start as: ‘First-year’.
6. You will be asked some additional questions before you can confirm and submit your application request.
7. After hitting submit you will receive an email message on the e-mail address you registered in Studielink with a personalized link to an audition form.
8. In this audition form you find questions about your previous education, ex-perience, and motivation.
Without this complete registration we cannot process your application.
A few weeks before the auditions you will receive an email telling you whether or not you are invited to take part in the audition.
Based on the information we receive on the application form a pre-selection is made, after which about 80 applicants get invited to the audition.
Remember: the application deadline for the auditions of the SNDO academic year 2022-2023 is Friday, 4 February 2022.
To ensure your place in the auditions we strongly recommend an early application.